Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Taking back the days

Taking back today

taking back yesterday

taking back tomorrow

taking back myself

finding all the pieces

you left behind

scattered

where

you dropped them

ragged around

the edges

each and every

one

a little broken

Brushing them off

mending the edges

giving them

strength

love

and

attention

feeling them grow

stronger

each and every

day

mending the

empty spaces

healing the

tattered places

becoming

one

becoming

renewed

becoming

me…

You discarded

me in pieces

slowly

so I didn’t

notice

leaving them

where you

grew tired of them…

Thinking

only of what

you needed

I had

no money

no car

no status

I just had me

which you

used up

until

there was

nothing left

but this shadow

and these

pieces I’ve gathered

So today

I

sit

fitting

mending

re-attaching

those pieces

together

this time

I am using

the strong threads

of

love

friendship

beauty

peace

knowledge

wisdom

and contentment

to sew

healthy, strong

seams

that cannot

be so easily

wrenched apart

to be left

broken on the

landscape

of this life…

becoming

one

becoming

renewed

becoming

me…

No comments: